Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Value

Oswald Chambers said, "The issue is never of being of use, but of being of value to God Himself." How amazing is that? He values me when others reject. He seeks me when others forget. He lifts me up when others tear down.

Why I matter boggles the mind but I learn from the example He set. I required redemption, the need to be ransomed. Here are some definitions of the word: the redemption of a prisoner, slave, or kidnapped person...the sum or price paid or demanded...a means of deliverance or rescue from punishment for sin, esp. the payment of a redemptive fine.

In a literal sense, I'd been kidnapped and my kidnapper demanded an exorbitant price. God gave His Son as payment. The price required was high but He paid it willingly and with joy! In the Person of Christ, God offered up the very best He had; highest quality, supreme extravagance and great personal expense to God.

How humbling to consider this great sacrifice unselfishly provided as a ransom for me. Me, an insect in the great scheme of life but so highly prized that God gave everything He had--holding nothing back--to win me.

What can I give to the King? The very thing He paid the ransom for--me. I can give Him me.

8 comments:

Jane said...

Debbi - as always your deep and thoughtful insights provoke me to meditate on the truth you express so well. I'm with you - amazed at how much God values me - us - all the world, that He gave His Son to redeem us and then to give us eternity with Him in heaven. Halleujah! Great article!

A_Heart_Like_Mine said...

"Me, an insect in the great scheme of life but so highly prized..." I love this line! Your thoughts in this post made sense but when I read this, it really hit home! Wow, thanks for the words today!

eformanator said...

This morning at worship service my pastor's sermon talked about how much God values the lost sheep. It amazes me that God loved before I knew him. It is God's love that gives a person value.
God bless you
Elaine
your eformanator on tweeter

Julie Poplawski said...

I believe we mirror relationships and often give what we feel we need. Nice to know it works in spirit as well!

Sharon Ball said...

My mind can barely wrap around the fullness of God's love for me. I'm so glad He sees beauty in me that I don't see on myself and cares so much that he paid for my sins on the cross. Thank you for reminding me of the depth of His love. Also, great sassy pumps!

lynnmosher said...

Debbi, I loved this post. A great way to look at Christ's sacrifice. Excellent!

Angela Breidenbach said...

I've come to this same conclusion. I wish I could give more.

Angie

Leanne said...

Hi Debbie,
Glad I found your blog...looking forward to more great posts!

I Love Dancing in the Leaves

I Love Dancing in the Leaves
Celebrate Freedom