Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Will Rejoice

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Seriously. I will rejoice and be glad in it, if it kills me! Ever had a day like that?

Me too, but not today.

Today I sing, dance, praise, and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Freezing temps are one thing, but freezing temps without sunshine stink, frankly. In meditating on God and all we’ve been through this last year, I am thankful for having survived 2010. I am thankful for the evidence of spiritual growth He’s shown me. Even when I’ve been unaware, He’s still faithfully at work, refining, shaping and transforming me.

He’s teaching me how to rejoice, how to celebrate all of the good and beautiful things He brings to my life—even when I can’t see them yet.

1 comment:

Jenny Mertes said...

Amen! Rejoicing is like loving - as a verb, it's an action more than a feeling. We can choose to rejoice when the feelings just aren't there, and often the feelings will come along.

I Love Dancing in the Leaves

I Love Dancing in the Leaves
Celebrate Freedom