Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Be Thou My Vision

Jesus. Only Jesus. All Jesus. None but Jesus. He is my greatest passion, most perfect praise, Lord of my heart, King of every part of my being, my life, my blood, my breath. He is ever faithful, a friend when others forsake, constant encouragement, faithful always, present in every circumstance, and covenanted to me. He values me, created me, finds delight in me.

What have I done to deserve this? Nothing.

I’m full of faults, undesirable to many, of no merit, and avoided by most. I am a pariah, shunned, rejected, buried alive. A waste, a byproduct, garbage, and past my prime. Useless, abandoned, unwanted, unloved; used up, shut up, put up. Discarded, disused, ignored, demeaned, devalued, and deserted.

Of no value to anyone. Apologizing for being. Rejected by church, by friend, by family, by society, by culture. Born out of time, born wrongly; wrong gender, wrong time, wrong class.

Enter Jesus. The King of kings, Lord of lords, Son of the living God.


He seeks me. Jesus seeks me. Jesus, King of kings, seeks me. I have value only because of Him; His character, because He values me. Magnificent transformation. Complete redemption, free to be all of who I am. He has a plan for me. The flower will bloom to its fullest potential. Because the finger of God touched my life, I am free to be all of who He intended me to be. Blossoming, transforming, blooming and changing the world. All because the Savior valued me enough to do something about my condition. Loving me like I was, but loving me too much to leave me like I was.

Jesus is all that matters. His opinion, His desire, His words. Oh how He loves you. He finds worth in you. He values you. Make this your daily prayer: Be Thou My Vision http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYYbwEqDlg

1 comment:

Jen M. said...

Good words, Debbi. It's so easy to begin to believe in our own worth and that's where pride starts, isn't it? When we focus on Jesus and recognize our worth is only in him and because of him, we have a more godly perspective. Thank you for the reminder.

I Love Dancing in the Leaves

I Love Dancing in the Leaves
Celebrate Freedom